KIDS OF DIVORCE
The process of divorce is a challenging life transition for both parents and children. Children often feel a variety of conflicting emotions, behavioral and personality changes, academic fluctuations, and withdrawal from normal activities, family, and friends. Because of the impact of divorce and separation, it is very important for parents to provide their children with understanding and support.
Groups allow parents and children an opportunity to talk about the challenges of experiencing family changes like separation and divorce. In the Kids of Divorce group, kids can work through issues that are causing conflict in their relationships, discuss feelings that they are having trouble dealing with, and find healthy ways of coping and connect with other kids.
Your child will benefit from this group if you want them to:
- Share their fears and other emotions as they deal with the divorce or separation of their parents
- Be supported and empowered while connecting with other kids
- Discuss challenges that are causing worry, stress, anxiety, or anger
- Learn and encourage healthy expression of feelings
- Learn positive coping skills by increasing your ability to navigate changes that are occurring
- Encourage them that they are not to blame
- Learn that to communicate their needs and identify trustworthy adults
- Get acknowledgement of an learn about grief and loss
Kids of divorce support group
For Middle School Kids
SIGN-UP FOR YOUR CONSULTATION
READY FOR YOUR CHILD TO FIND EMPOWERMENT AND SUPPORT AND GAIN AN UNDERSTANDING OF THEIR FEELINGS IN A SAFE ENVIRONMENT?
Helpful Parenting Tips: